By Bella Pelletiere
With Thanksgiving only 17 days away, and COVID-19 cases rising in the country, many of us are wondering how on earth we’ll be able to celebrate the holiday season safely with our families. The CDC has suggested avoiding a couple of the following activities to help the spread of the coronavirus.
- Attending large indoor gatherings with people from outside your household.
- Participating or being a spectator at a crowded race.
- Attending crowded parades.
- Shopping in crowded stores around Thanksgiving.
- Using alcohol or drugs, which can cloud judgement.
If you’re having family over, be sure to serve food buffet style, or have one person serve the meal. Everyone gets their own spoon or fork to get their portions if it’s buffet style.
When you’re not eating, keep your mask on. Make sure everyone is spread at least six feet apart while eating. And almost always wash your hands before touching anything. It’s so important now more than ever to protect each other and ourselves to prevent super spreaders at Thanksgiving events.